Friday, July 14, 2006

Anna Laura and Alexandria

I almost feel guilty underestimating Anna Laura and Alexandria; but I can't help but be amazed by them all the time. Anna Laura is at the age where all kinds of things are "sticking." She's getting a blister from coloring so much - mostly because she colors so well she actually enjoys it. She can add, subtract, count, she knows all her colors, shapes and the plural for of many hard words. Most impressive to me is, however, that she can read. I printed out a bunch of circles with names of colors inside - I handed it to her (and explained what to do) then without ANY help she colored them all in perfectly. Look:

06/14/2006 - Anna Laura06/14/2006 - Alexandria

That one on the right is Alexandria's; she was supposed to color everything that was blue (and she did) but then she colored everything else right. Having an older sister is shooting Alexandria's skills and understanding way ahead faster than her sister was a year ago (as far as I can tell).

No comments: