Monday, July 11, 2005

Seven Years Today

Time waits for no man. There's no stopping it. As if my birthday was not bad enough, today is my 7 year wedding anniversary proving that regardless of anything, the clock hands continue to turn.

I met Kyndall in college. We married three years after and moved to Virginia. Two years later we move to Colorado. In the following five years we had our two daughters.

The two of us have changed over this near-decade but fundamentally we are the same. The most fascinating is that the things I used to love about Kyndall were so superficial - the way she looked, the things she did, stuff like that. Today I far more appreciate the way she is, the inside portions that define those mutable qualities I initially noticed. Don't get me wrong, I like the superficial stuff as much as the next guy, but that would not have likely gotten us to 7 and it surely wouldn't get us to 50.

Happy Anniversary.

No comments: